Tell Hunger to TAKE a WALK!!
Our goal this year is 1,000 walkers to raise $100.00 = $100,000
On Friday, April 18, 2014 we will once again walk to raise awareness and support to defeat hunger and homelessness. You can participate by choosing one or more of the following……..
- Walk from one of the Stepping Out Sites
- Sponsor a Walker
- Make a Donation using our secure Pay Pal connection
- Organize a Fundraiser
- Volunteer at a Stepping Out Site
- Walkers “step out” from area churches around the state and walk from 4-10 miles (click here to see site routes and distances) arriving from many directions to converge on the State House.
- After the rally at the State House, to thank walkers for their help toward stamping out hunger and homelessness, walkers will be transported back to their stepping out sites.
Now is the time to plan to walk. The more walkers we have and the more sponsors each walker has, the more money we will raise to help agencies meet food and shelter needs. And the more people will be spiritually enriched…. So, whether this is your 1st, 2nd, or 36th WALK, please join us in this commitment to eliminate hunger and homelessness — not only locally, but internationally! And, if you can’t walk or can’t find walkers, be creative! Have a BAKE SALE or a CAR WASH and contribute the money raised. You might even take a SPECIAL COLLECTION. If your organization has a banner, bring it along on GOOD FRIDAY.
We are counting on your participation! In the spirit of Jesus’ walk to Calvary, walk with us to raise funds to help alleviate the sufferings of the poor.You may want to make this your own spiritual discipline this year and every year – and invite others to join you from your church, school, and workplace. (11008)