The 38th Good Friday Walk will be held this year on March 25th 2016.
There will be a rally at the State House immediately following the walk.
The rally begins after walk approximately 11:15. Please join us!
On Friday, March 25, 2016 we will once again walk to raise awareness and support to defeat hunger and homelessness. You can participate by choosing one or more of the following……..
- Walk from one of the Stepping Out Sites
- Sponsor a Walker
- Make a Donation using our secure Pay Pal connection
- Organize a Fund raiser
- Volunteer at a Stepping Out Site
- Walkers “step out” from area churches around the state and walk from 4-10 miles (click here to see site routes and distances) arriving from many directions to converge on the State House.
- After the rally at the State House, to thank walkers for their help toward stamping out hunger and homelessness, walkers will be transported back to their stepping out sites.
Some our 2014 grant recipients stories
International Ministry Quixote Center, Quest for Peace. Operating out of Maryland, this mission has had a 28 year relationship with the Institute of John XXIII in Managua, Nicaragua. Over the years the partnership has evolved from cargo containers full of material aid to financial support for innovative community development projects, including the Institute’s housing program.
Local: PICA Downtown Food Pantry- this client choice Pantry serves all of Providence, not a specific zip code, so people can shop at their local pantries as well as the DFP, stretching overburdened budgets. In 2014, the PICA Downtown Pantry served 8,000 people 25 tons of food each month, and nearly half of those served were children. In addition, 300 home deliveries a month were made to home bound elderly and shut-ins.
15404 – VIEWED THIS PAGE!