1. Select a Coordinator
- Select someone to organize walkers, download sponsor sheets and stepping out site.
- Select members of your team to help at the stepping out site. Ex: team members to collect monies etc.
2. Set a Goal
- If 50 walkers from 1 site, raise on an average of $100 each, that would add up to $5,000. There are over 15 stepping out sites!
- Monies raised would help our hungry and homeless a million fold.
- Start Now. It is never too early to begin planning.
- Collect all materials necessary and distribute to your walkers.
- Helpful tips the day of the walk:
- Start the walk with a prayer and or blessing.
- Have a driver (and their phone #) at your site in case one of the team members tires.
- Have snacks and water/coffee before the walk.
- Make a banner with your site’s name on it.
- Create an event of your site on our Good Friday Walk Facebook page.
- Encourage people to visit our website www.goodfridaywalkforhunger.org
- Call local news station and local news papers. Invite them to announce and WALK and DONATE!!!!!!!!!
- Invite people to join a team at a Stepping Out Site of their choice.
- Ask schools, churches and organizations to walk and or donate.
- Direct sponsors to the website to make a secure donation using Paypal.
- If there are participants who would prefer to use a written pledge sheet direct them to the website for pledge sheets or print some ahead of time to hand out.
8. Collect Outstanding Pledges
- If your walkers or their sponsors have not made their donations online, remind walkers to collect any remaining pledges.
- Turn cash into one check from your group made out to the Good Friday Walk.
HUNGER AND HOMELESSNESS NEVER ENDS…..EVERY DOLLAR ADDS UP TO HELP OUR PEOPLE!